Re: old source tarballs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: old source tarballs
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:26:43 +0000

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 11:19:58PM +0100, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We need to make more space on lilypond.org.  I've deleted
> > binaries, documentation, and regtests from everything other than
> > the first and last release of a stable series.
>
> On the minus side, it makes it a PITA to quickly check for
> not-so-recent regressions (not to mention that one cannot always
> compile old versions, as Rune demonstrated back in '07). Can we set up
> an alternate FTP repository for old binaries and for archiving
> purposes?

Umm, no?  I mean, literally no?  Other than the first+last
releases of each stable branch, those files are gone.  If you can
find some old binaries on some old mirror, go for it... but the
old middle-of-release binaries that used to be on lilypond.org are
gone now.

I'm not planning on removing the .0 and .last stable release
binaries, so don't worry about those.  Then again, there's no harm
in grabbing a copy now just in case.