regular patchy staging

From: Graham Percival
Subject: regular patchy staging
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 23:01:11 +0000

Any advance on having a regular patchy staging compile?  like,
every 6 hours or something?

Whenever I want to make a release, I just guess whenever somebody
has recently run patchy and fork release/unstable, knowing that
the fork will probably miss a few commits that were in staging.
Given the rate of commits, it's inevitable that some will just
miss a window whenever it happens, but it would be nice if I knew
that if I started a release-build at, say 1am, then master would
have the latest staging as of midnight.

I had this running on my own machine back in Dec, so I know it's
not hard to set up.  It needed attention about once a week, mostly
due to people pushing broken things, but hopefully that will have
died down by now.