Re: regular patchy staging

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: regular patchy staging
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:56:33 +0100

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am back from my break (and the internet connection is much better if
> still not great - tops out at 300kb/s which is ok) and have been going
> through the emails that had come in the last week or so, I'm just
> about caught up and have done a few doc tracker items to boot, and
> have been trying to get patchy working following the instructions in
> the CG - they are still a bit vague but we can build on that.
>
> I'd saw that David and Graham and (i think) Phil and Janek (?)

Not quite.

> I still have some fundamental questions about the scripts.
>
> Patchy actually seems to be two things not one and I am still unclear
> on this aspect. There is a 'script' that checks Patch-new against
> current master and there is a 'script' that merges staging with
> master. Is it required (desired) to run both aspects for me or should
> I just be doing one of them? It isn't clear from the files I download
> which does what and which I don't need if I only want to do one or the
> other.

Graham&David, when i said that i'd like to make Patchy more
user-friendly i meant to make it so straightforward that these
questions wouldn't have been asked.  I will volunteer to do this, but
i have to finish GSoC thing first.
(sorry for not providing answers to your questions, James, i don't
know them at the moment)

cheers,
Janek