Re: Cross-staff stem engraver (was: New frog in an empty pond?)

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Cross-staff stem engraver (was: New frog in an empty pond?)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:19:21 -0800

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello!

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:14:29 -0800
Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Don't use ly:axis-group-interface::add-element, because stems don't
> implement the axis-group-interface. (Removing this will also remove
> the axes warning.) Instead, use ly:grob-set-parent!. You'll probably
> want to set both the X parent and the Y parent. Then the X and Y
> offsets of new-stem will be measured relative to stem (instead of
> relative to the whole system, which is the default).

OK, this is what I have now.  I think it's a pretty good solution.

Looks good!

The code is capable of creating multiple cross-staff stems per moment.
It's possible to connect more than two stems as long as they lie on the
same line.  There is a workaround for a problem with Lilypond 2.14 that
has a flag as part of the stem.

I spent way too much time on the issue, but it helped me learn
Scheme and Lilypond.

That's ok; now that you're an expert, your next feature will be much easier...

Cheers,
Joe