Re: MacOS X development and support

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: MacOS X development and support
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:45:35 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Colin Hall" <address@hidden>

Let's drop Lilypad. It's getting in the way of regular releases.

Disagree.

Disagree. I'm with Colin. I've already said that I can't see the point of it on Windows: it's a cut-down version of notepad. If it's the same on Mac, I don't see the value.

Let's replace Lilypad with a simple app that is a drop target and log
window.

Disagree.

Ditto

Resolving GUB build issues relating to Mac OS X targets. Not much
progress here. I have cloned the GUB git on my Linux x86_32 and x86_64
machines but I haven't got past make bootstrap. I wouldn't mind some
help with that.

This is the single most important thing -- not just for osx, but
for all binary building.  However, AFAIK there is no help
available for GUB.

This would make a great "project" - like my make doc work. I don't have the time now, but I reckon it's a case of finding a GUB problem, fixing it, moving on. Be even better if there were a "document what I've found" stage in there.