Re: Add an example implementation of cross-staff stems (issue 5882053)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add an example implementation of cross-staff stems (issue 5882053)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:19:29 +0000

On 2012/03/23 21:46:41, Pavel Roskin wrote:
OK, I'll use make-engraver in the next revision.  I guess I'll need to
strip all
Lilypond 2.14 compatibility stuff if this snippet is to be a part of
the
Lilypond documentation.

In LilyPond itself, it makes sense to document the latest version.  If
people read 2.16 documentation, they can't expect to see stuff that is
guaranteed to work under 2.14.

It is not uncommon for some new features to be only discernible from
regtests.  That is not really good.  This is the current state for
Scheme engravers.  It would be good to have some nice examples for
Scheme engravers in the documentation.

This particular case is, in my opinion, too complex for either
documentation or a targeted regtest.  It is LSR material, or should
become part of LilyPond proper if one can think of a good way.  Note
that we have snippets in the LilyPond documentation/repository as well:
those can use the newest features.  That would be the proper place, I
think.

We still need to get Scheme engravers into the main documentation.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5882053/