Re: a Lyric Report (-> my GSoC project)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: a Lyric Report (-> my GSoC project)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:22:32 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Janek
>
> An impressive collection of suggested enhancements!  I hope your exams don't
> suffer!

We'll see, we'll see :)

> Most look excellent to me, but I have comments on a couple of them which
> I'll add to the issues themselves.

Many thanks!

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Agreed - this is fantastic work.

I'm happy to hear that!

> I wish there were more reports of this quality.  It'd make it easier to fix
> stuff.

I have more!  Reports about augmentation dots, dynamics and
articulation placement, stem lengths, horizontal spacing, tie shapes,
beam positions - You name it!
All i need is time to write them in a tidy manner - it's extremely
time-consuming.  I estimate that this Lyrics Report took about 30
hours to write, and i was collecting engraved examples since summer.
I'll do my best adding more reports - however some other things, like
improving contributor workflow and organizing a Kickstarter project,
keep my mind busy...  not mentioning GSoC.

> I have a pretty good sense of how difficult each issue will be to fix - lemme
> know if you need an order of attack once you get cracking on these problems.

Sure!  I'm writing my GSoC application now (it will include my plan
for doing these issues), and i'll post it on the list when it's
finished (hopefully today) - please comment on it!

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:
> what a great list of improvements to look forward to. I solve these issues
> most times with lengthy overrides boxed in music-functions ... if there is a
> way of helping (testing?), let me know!

Sure, any help with testing and designing good solutions is welcome!
I'll keep you informed.

thanks!
Janek