Re: whitespace issue with ly:one-line-breaking

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: whitespace issue with ly:one-line-breaking
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 05:51:16 +0200 (CEST)

>> Where do the additional vertical 1000px come from?  Looks like a
>> bug...
>
> It comes from the height of the page: ly:one-line-breaking doesn't
> (currently) adjust the height, but only the width.

Ah, ok.  I've only skimmed the code with gitk and missed that.  I
suggest to (optionally?) adjust height also.

BTW, it then makes sense to show how to achieve the same without page
cropping, this is, using

  \context {
    \Score
    \override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'line-break-permission = ##f
  }

>> And what about documentation of ly:one-line-breaking?  [...]
>
> Point taken, I'll write some documentation...

Great :-)

    Werner