Re: building master / fixed all Critical?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: building master / fixed all Critical?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:50:24 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Mandereau" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 12:21 PM

Il giorno dom, 01/07/2012 alle 23.29 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
I'm not certain where we stand.  Over the weekend, some patches
were pushed (by accident?) to master.  One (or more?) of those
commits broke compiling, and were reverted.  This fix was (or will
be?) pushed to staging, and people can (or can not?) now compile
git master without problems.

Could we get a clear note about which commit(s) were reverted and
are presumably in limbo?  If the remaining commits fixed 2604 and
2524 (which at a first glance appear to be resolved), then could
we get those marked as fixed so that I can try making a release
candidate tomorrow?

Sorry for having goofed, I actually desired more input before pushing so
invasive changes into staging/master.

The only patch that has been reverted so far is
512d405d07aba8742658902b105a94ebbd40c2dc "Get texidoc translations out
of snippets source files", it's a non-Critical Maintainability/Build
issue, so it shouldn't prevent a release.  IWBN to have it for
translators before 2.16, but it certainly must go under more testing.

Sorry,
John

It appears to kill the build system on a non-multi CPU make. See Mike's emails concerning screech-and-boink. I can replicate the problem with make, but if I run make -jX (X from 3 to 9) the build succeeds. Looks like there's an issue with the ordering of the build items.

Please shout if you want more help debugging.

--
Phil Holmes