clear policy discussions (was: Issue 2648 in lilypond: Repeat Dots and S

From: Graham Percival
Subject: clear policy discussions (was: Issue 2648 in lilypond: Repeat Dots and Staff Size in 2.15.41)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:26:29 +0100

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 01:21:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> I mean, we have too few categories for regressions.  I can see the
> following:
-snip-
> My personal opinion is that

My personal opinion is that we should not discuss major policy
changes in the middle of a thread about dots and staff sizes.

There is a proposal to change the stable release policy:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-06/msg00462.html
http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_3.html

That proposal is currently "under debate", although there was such
little discussion that I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  The
whole point of GOP was to have a clear discussion with no
surprises -- everybody would know when proposals would arise,
there would be two weeks (or more!) of discussion, so that nobody
would miss anything if they weren't paying attention to every
little bug discussion email thread, etc.