Re: Syntax change proposal:

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Syntax change proposal:
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:46:58 +0100

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 02:02:31AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> One really ugly problem is interpreting things like "4.".  Looks like a
> duration, but then we have
> input/regression/dynamics-broken-hairpin.ly:  line-width = 4.\cm

I am against making a change like this outwith[1] of GLISS.  It
could involve a lot of user pain (and documentation-editing
pain!), so I think it's important to at least pretend[2] to have
good user consultation beforehand.

[1] that's the only part of Scottish vocabular or accent that I've
been able to pick up, so I'm sticking to it.

[2] the phrase "at least pretend" doesn't mean that we will _only_
be pretending.

As far as the actual proposal goes, I'm generally in favor.