Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397054)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:56:05 -0500

Hi Janek,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> The function will override unbroken spanners, but it will ignore
> non-spanners with a warning.

What about things like clef change at a line break - is it possible to
override them using this approach?  It would be nice if i could, for
example, paint a clef before the break in pink :)

Right now the function weeds out non-spanners, so this won't work now.  But undoubtedly you've tried making the clef before the line break pink :) so you know it won't work!  The music function could easily be adapted to check for 'break-aligned-interface too, but beyond that point I'd have to give this some thought.  Perhaps this is a candidate for a different function, and possibly the name \alterBroken should be changed to something more precise?  (I thought \alterBrokenSpanner or \overrideBrokenSpanner would be an awful lot to type.)

At the moment there's this snippet:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=775

-David