Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:37:22 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:03 PM

> I don't know what Phil thinks was fixed between 2.15.18 and 2.15.21,
> but I do suspect the symptoms of the problem or problems changed
> from release to release, and may even depend on the Windows setup.

I've just turned up an email from me to Carl dated 4 Jan 2012 which
suggests the problem /did/ change from the originally reported msvcrt
one to this in 2.15.23:

>  File "c:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\lib\python2.4\subprocess.py", line
> 549, in __init__
>    self.stdout = os.fdopen(c2pread, 'rU', bufsize)
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
> Lilypond-book returned code 1

Then we found problems with subprocess.Popen and subprocess.PIPE,
with sleep (which was a Solaris hack), and with the setting for
universal_newlines.  And the definition of cmd was wrong for Windows.

All these were fixed by Graham's patch, which was actually pushed to
git on 15 Jan.

Trevor