Re: Patchy email from PhilH

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Patchy email from PhilH
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:48:29 +0100

---- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:34 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I'd not run it for a while, so yes.  This was a result of my build
machine turning off in the middle of a patchy run.  Re-running it gave
this result, since it thought that a patchy run was in progress.
Re-running it again failed on the doc build, although it looked like
the problem file was an ancient notation template.

Hash collision?

Would this be when 2 files have the same hash and so don't get properly rebuilt??

I've just run a completely fresh build "manually" (i.e. without patchy) - delete the build directory and start from scratch, using the detached head of origin/staging. Builds fine, and the change in glossary I made is fine. Hmm...

At a loss where to look now.

--
Phil Holmes