Re: Uncommented code in LilyPond

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Uncommented code in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:22:53 +0200

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Frightening rather.  I don't spend enough time defending LilyPond
> against awful patches as it is.  [...]
> It is easy to make it easier to meddle with LilyPond code.  The low
> number of contributors is not due to our toolchains.  It is because few
> people are comfortable poking around in the dark.  And for good reason.

While i agree with the problems you outline (not enough comments,
maintenance timebombs etc), it's fascinating to observe that while i
wouldn't say that you're a downright pessimist (and you certainly
don't lack a sense of humour), so many of your emails are dark and
menacing! ;-)

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> What did take me time to learn is how everything fits together (what a
> callback is, where things are triggered when, what happens before what).

+1.
And we need more comments in spirit of the one in lines 35-69 of
simple-spacer.cc.

cheers,
Janek