Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue 6498052)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:25:28 +0200

Am 30.09.2012 04:11, schrieb address@hidden:
Now looking at the log files, I do get "undead" errors for our
regression test 'bar-line-define-bar-glyph.ly' but not from any other
files that I tried. (I don't know why the scripts from `make check` did
not flag it.)
Keith, thanks for your work on this! It makes it much easier for me
to see which file causes errors, especially in this case where these
'undead objects' messages seem to float around very randomly.

There are four messages, but the particular undead objects vary from run
to run.

I can confirm that. When I compile the regtest above two times, the errors disappear. When I compile another file and the regtest afterwards, I get different messages. It looks as there are dynamics and/or articulations involved, which is strange because neither the regtest nor the files I compiled in between have anything of that kind.

I must admit that I am an absolute newbie with regard to C++ debugging.
Can anyone help me here? I don't know where these undead objects come from –
the function (add-bar-glyph-print-procedure ...) used in the regtest is used in
scm/bar-line.scm, too, and seems to cause no problems there.

Regards,

Marc

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498052/