Update LSR version to 2.16

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Update LSR version to 2.16
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:04:20 +0100

On 2 November 2012 17:31, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

> They don't need to. Snippets in the LSR have to work with the current
> version of lily that the LSR runs - currently 2.14, IIRC.  If they can be
> updated by convert-ly, there's no need for them in snippets/new.
> snippets/new is really there for snippets that don't work at all and can't
> be converted - for example, one that uses a tick as a breath mark could not
> be placed into the LSR at all.

Hi,

Lilypond 2.16 is out since August 24, 2012.
I assume it is planed to upgrade the version of LilyPond installed on
the LSR (currently 2.14.2, 16 month-old) to 2.16.

Phil, are you currently in the process of upgrading LilyPond's version
running the LSR?  Or is someone else in charge of these technical
aspects of the LSR?

There are some really nice features using post-2.14 only code that
really deserve to be (at least) present in the LSR, and it would be
nice if one does not need to "comment most of your LilyPond code so
that your snippet can be accepted by the LSR" with code that compiles
on *current* stable version.

Like Neil's #multi-mark-engraver for instance.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html

Thank you for you attention.

Cheers,
Xavier