Re: Interactive compiling

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Interactive compiling
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 17:37:48 +0000

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 12:00 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Most lilypond GUI projects (Frescobaldi, Denemo) I have seen implement
> a wrapper in lilypond. I am investigating the possibility to transform
> lilypond in a more interactive compiler.

FWIW Denemo is currently able to continuously re-typeset as you enter
the music (with user control over the amount of the music being
re-typeset). This is enabling WYSIWYG operations such as dragging the
beaming, rehearsal marks etc, and re-shaping slurs.
With a fast machine the fact that a mind-boggling amount of processing
is being done is hardly noticeable. And setting the context to just a
few bars/staffs around the cursor makes it practicable on more modest
machines.

Richard Shann