Re: Add note to manuals.html describing formats of manuals (Issue 2895)

From: graham
Subject: Re: Add note to manuals.html describing formats of manuals (Issue 2895) (issue 6867054)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 22:38:48 +0000

I have a few problems with this.  The general design of lilypond.org
puts all text (or almost all) inside divs, which in turn are displayed
inside boxes.  A more serious concern is that this text is fairly wordy
and pushes the real material (i.e. the links to manuals) lower on the
page.
If somebody has a 23" monitor and uses full-screen windows, this isn't
any problem.  But on a small display, such as my netbook, or just
somebody who likes to have small windows open on their screen, this
makes the page less useful.
For reference, on my netbook right now with a maximized chrome window, I
can only see down to Usage and Web.

There is something to be said for trading off between usability for new
users vs. existing users, but I think the proposed text goes too far
towards new users.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6867054/