Re: Tablature: ignore minimumStretch to/from fret zero (issue 6944061)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Tablature: ignore minimumStretch to/from fret zero (issue 6944061)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:24:31 +0000

I think the whole issue on this "bug" is incorrect.

The problem we have is that by using restrain open strings, we are
telling lilypond "Don't use open strings".  Then by setting minimum-fret
to 0, we are saying "Do use open strings."  How can we decide what
behavior lilypond should have when the user is inconsistent in their
request?

I believe the original code is correct -- if restrain-open-strings is
true, a zero fret should not be allowed.  That's what
restrainOpenStrings means.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6944061/