Re: Doc: CG Clarifying about Examples with overrides (issue 7013043)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Doc: CG Clarifying about Examples with overrides (issue 7013043)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:42:49 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26 December 2012 11:00,  <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi:155: The correct way to add
>> [changes like this] to the documentation is to

>>> This is a standard way to to clarify the antecedent.

>> Another frequent use is to make explicit what object a pronoun in a
>> quoted section is referring to if the scope of the quotation does not
>> allow deducing it.
>
> That's the 'antecedent' thingy I referred to.

Well, ok, but again I know it only when something is inserted into a
quotation, where original author and editor differ.  Our manual pretends
to be a single text, so one would use () instead of [] for clarifying
interjections.

> I thought I might get responses like this, which is why I rewrote the
> sentence.

Smart move.

> Life is too short.

But at least it is getting longer all the time.

> Merry Christmas

The same to you and many more.