Re: Doc: CG Clarifying about Examples with overrides (issue 7013043)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Doc: CG Clarifying about Examples with overrides (issue 7013043)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:46:34 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "James" <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:15 PM

Hello,

On 26 December 2012 12:52,  <address@hidden> wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/7013043/diff/3003/Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7013043/diff/3003/Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi#newcode158
Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi:158: @ref{Introduction to LSR}.
Thanks for the update.  I still think it's worth a simple reminder here:
'Dont' forget to tag the snippet with "docs"'.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7013043/

Is there any case where a snippet would not have the docs tag?

James

Yes. Probably about 80% of them don't (I could work it out, but CBA at present). These are for snippets which are viewable/searchable on the LSR, but not as part of the documentation. Generally, we scrutinise those tagged with docs more carefully for syntax and formatting. If they're not tagged with docs, we're more lenient.

If they don't have this tag, they're not exported to the snippets/docs tarball and won't appear in snippets or be available for doc writers. And since the process is 1. contributor submits; 2. LSR meister approves; 3. Tarball is grabbed; 4. Makelsr is run; 5. Git is updated; the time between 1 and 5 can be considerable, and so they effectively get lost.

--
Phil Holmes