Re: Corrects links to manuals in many languages (issue 7311074)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Corrects links to manuals in many languages (issue 7311074)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:32:34 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:01 AM

https://codereview.appspot.com/7311074/diff/1/Documentation/cs/web/news-front.itexi
File Documentation/cs/web/news-front.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7311074/diff/1/Documentation/cs/web/news-front.itexi#oldcode11
Documentation/cs/web/news-front.itexi:11: @subsubheading LilyPond
2.13.47 released!  @emph{Jan 28, 2011}
Since news-front.itexi is included in web.itexi, I suspect that deleting
this file would cause the entire build to break.  Did you mean to edit
hu/web.texi as well?

Well... If news-front isn't in the translation, it's found in the en build and used. Most of the translations work like this. Except it does cause a make website to break, because of the links file which is previously created. Can't remember the exact name. Locally, I fixed this by nuking build and rebuilding from scratch, and all was well. As it turned out, the website build on the server failed for the same reason, so I resorted to renaming the build directory on the server and it rebuilt from scratch, so all appears OK.

I would rather leave this file alone, or possibly add a "news" item
saying "this translation is out of date".

https://codereview.appspot.com/7311074/diff/1/Documentation/hu/web/basic-authors.itexi
File Documentation/hu/web/basic-authors.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7311074/diff/1/Documentation/hu/web/basic-authors.itexi#oldcode100
Documentation/hu/web/basic-authors.itexi:100: LilyPond Kódrészletek
Tárházának szerkesztője, hibafelelős
woah, why delete this translated file?

It was a very out of date file and not used anywhere in the build.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7311074/

Thanks for the comments.  Appreciated.

BTW - my recent patches have corrected a _lot_ of broken and missing links. Prior to this, all of the links on http://lilypond.org/glossary.hu.html were broken. This was true for most of the .hu and .cs docs. They now all go to a page that exists.

--
Phil Holmes