Re: Patch meister position still vacant!!!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Patch meister position still vacant!!!
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:40:57 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
>>> I have no beef with that, except when the only exemplar of "people like
>>> you" seen in the wild happens to be you.
>>
>> I think there's quite a number of us.
>
> Why then lay several jobs on one?

Uh, what about pigeonhole principle? [1]  If we have n jobs (and in
case of Lily n is obviously > 1) and m people, and m < n, then someone
will have >1 job.
Of course we could argue whether the distribution is even and so on,
but i really think that's a dangerous topic.  I think there is a
greater chance of running into some misunderstanding than coming to
constructive results.

cheers,
janek

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeonhole_principle