Re: Caches the interior skylines of vertical axis groups and systems. (i

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Caches the interior skylines of vertical axis groups and systems. (issue 7185044)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:53:14 +0200

On 18 févr. 2013, at 20:07, address@hidden wrote:

>> A music function could be done in the form of:
>
>> \addOutsideStaffPriorityToGrob #'TupletBracket #100
>
>> that rolls the two overrides into one.  This is a UI issue about
>> which I have not thought yet but that absolutely deserves attention.
>
> Then give it attention.  Heed outside-staff-priority properly in your
> versions of the callbacks.  Until this is done, this patch is not
> ready for maintime.
>
> This is a showstopper.

I've been stepping through grob by grob to see the way that
outside-staff-priority behaves with this new patch-set.

Take, for example, MultiMeasureRest.  In current master, it is possible to give
this an outside-staff-priority and it will be shifted above the staff.
However, with my patch, this would break.  I'm going to keep this patch on hold
until I finish a series of other changes that make it easier to deal with pure
properties.

Note that, after my patch set, outside-staff-priority will be factored into
pure heights.  This will make behavior in LilyPond more consistent.  For
example, in current master:

\relative c'' {
  \once \override Rest #'outside-staff-priority = #10
  r2
  <aes bes ces>
}

does nothing.  Even worse:

\relative c''' {
  \once \override MultiMeasureRest #'outside-staff-priority = #10
  R1
  <feses geses aeses beses ceses>1
}

This patch will eventually fix things like this.

Cheers,
MS