Re: Document Kievan ligature engraver (issue 7382060)

From: aleksandr . andreev
Subject: Re: Document Kievan ligature engraver (issue 7382060)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:49:54 +0000

On 2013/02/27 09:24:07, Trevor Daniels wrote:
On 2013/02/27 03:26:11, aleksandr.andreev wrote:
> Looking at the sections on Mensural and Gregorian notations, it
looks like the
> \transpose c c' syntax is used quite often there. On the other hand,
the
> \relative syntax is used in the "scenarios and solutions" section. I
don't
mind
> changing this example (as well as the example at the beginning of
the Kievan
> section), but perhaps we should then make all of the examples in the
Ancient
> notation chapter consistent?

I think changing all the examples to \relative would be good, but I'm
happy to
leave this to a separate patch if you prefer.  The Ancient section was
not
included in the push for consistency some years ago due to lack of
interest/effort.  But better late than never.

Trevor

I think it makes sense to push this patch first and then I will upload
another patch that changes the syntax across the manual. That way it is
cleaner in the commit history.

There is also Issue 1287. I could try to work on improving the ancient
notation chapter, though I am no expert in Gregorian chant.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7382060/