Re: rewrite Self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: rewrite Self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:13:07 +0200

Hi all,

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd recommend adding a sort of padding property to the
> self-alignment-interface to get it completely there.
> That is, imagine that we right align to a grob and we want
> to be padded by 0.1  We should be able to do that.
> That'd allow self-alignment-interface to be used
> for grobs like InstrumentName.

I think that this should be done by manipulating extents:
if i want an InstrumentName to be "horizontally-aligned-
with-padding", i add desired padding value to its X-extent,
and voilà!  LilyPond thinks that InstrumentName is slightly bigger,
aligns it as if it was slightly bigger, and thus it ends up padded.
What do you think?

As for chain_offset_callback, i've tried it (see attached patch), but
i get a strange error:

Processing `input/regression/add-stem-support.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...ERROR:
In procedure ly:self-alignment-interface::x-align-grob:
ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to
#<primitive-procedure ly:self-alignment-interface::x-align-grob>

quite frankly, i don't know what's wrong.
I've looked at other uses of chain_offset_callback
and it seems that i've written my code correctly.

PS i'll look into Ambitus extent later - right now i'm getting some
unexpected regressions after doing some additional modifications.