Re: Stable release state

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Stable release state
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 16:58:01 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 3:26 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

At present, we're actually premature in proposing a freeze to make
ready for a release candidate.  We have a number of outstanding
critical bugs and regressions which need fixing before we go anywhere
with a new stable release.  So, currently, step one is to reduce them
to zero.  Step 2 is to propose and agree a development freeze.

Tackling step 1 and step 2 in this order was seminal for 2.16 taking a
year longer than anticipated.

In that case, we need to be more active in getting rid of criticals and regressions. Are you proposing we ignore them?

--
Phil Holmes