Re: parser: more specific error messages; issue 3300 (issue 8506043)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: parser: more specific error messages; issue 3300 (issue 8506043)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 04:07:15 +0000

On 2013/04/08 18:07:50, dak wrote:
On 2013/04/08 17:58:43, Keith wrote:
> On 2013/04/08 16:05:20, dak wrote:

> > Apropos: do you have an example of where your refactoring leads to
> > a better error behavior (independent from the error message text
> > itself)?
>
> No. Finding the errors earlier simply allows shorter accurate
messages.

You are aware that those two sentences flatly contradict each other?

I simply couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

Nobody didn't never use no canceling negatives nor negative qualifiers
on yes/no questions where I grew up.  Nevertheless, I think I might have
answered correctly above.

No, I do not have any example of where my *fancy-word* leads to a better
error behavior, other than to allow the error message text itself to be
more specific.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8506043/