Re: Issue 3330: redo much of the stencil stacking/spacing/empty-check (i

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Issue 3330: redo much of the stencil stacking/spacing/empty-check (issue 8869044)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:39:04 +0000

On 2013/04/29 07:26:50, janek wrote:
On 2013/04/29 03:31:14, Keith wrote:
> I worry a little about making the extent of markup different from
the union of
> its components.  Someone may have used  c4^\markup{\hspace #-3
"text"}  and
> the left side of the "text" is now vulnerable to collisions.

I'd say that such a result is ok.  I think that a proper way to move a
markup is
to translate the markup, or maybe internally translating its content.

The result is probably OK, but the change might cause trouble for people
who have used \hspace at the front of markup to shift the markup left.

In the manual, the example in section 2.9.3 about time-signatures, and
input/regression/morgenlied.ly, use this method.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8869044/