Re: Keep bison-generated files in sync. (issue 13466043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Keep bison-generated files in sync. (issue 13466043)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:46:15 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/13466043/diff/2001/stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make
File stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/13466043/diff/2001/stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make#newcode16
stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make:16: $(BISON) -o $(subst .hh,.cc,$@) -d
$<
Han-Wen's version was slightly different:

       $(BISON) -d -o $(subst .hh,.cc,$@)  $<

but I don't consider it graceful.  I'd try

       $(BISON) -d -o $*.cc  $<

instead.  I _think_ this should take the right directory.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13466043/diff/2001/stepmake/stepmake/c-rules.make
File stepmake/stepmake/c-rules.make (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/13466043/diff/2001/stepmake/stepmake/c-rules.make#newcode16
stepmake/stepmake/c-rules.make:16: $(BISON) -o $(subst .h,.c,$@) -d $<
Do we need this rule at all?  We don't have .y files in the tree and the
only actual C file would appear to be python/midi.c anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13466043/