Re: Documentation: punctuation in menus

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Documentation: punctuation in menus
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:52:20 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:37 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I'm having a go at
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3495. Some of the
subsection headings contain punctuation - for example "Warning: key
signatures and pitches" in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/learning/accidentals-and-key-signatures. Putting
the colon into a menu entry confuses TexInfo - it thinks it's a
separator.  How do we handle punctuation in headings?

Why would you want to make a warning a section of its own and navigate
to it via menu?

Because it's our documentation policy. You'll see from the page that it currently is already a subheading - that's against doc policy (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/sectioning-commands) - so it should be a unnumberedsubsubsec and appear in a menu.

The example I gave was just a single example - there are others.

--
Phil Holmes