we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:02:34 +0200

lol of the month!  Some time ago I've discovered a user named
'lilypond' on GitHub, who seemed to be pretty inactive.  I thought
that it would be nice to have a github organization with this name,
and i was going to contact him... but it turned out that the account
belonged to me! LOL!

Anyway, I've transformed that account into an organization, so we have
a sort-of-official presence on GitHub.  As of now, the owners are:
- Han-Wen
- Jan
- Graham
- Urs
- me
- Julien Rioux

We'll add more users and/or owners later.

Julien suggested to put all lilypond-related repositories there (e.g.
gub, lilypond-extra, ...), so that we'll have everything at one place,
not tied to a personal user account.  I think this is a good idea;
i've already created a repository with lilypond sources there (note
that i do *not* intend to replace our official savannah repository
with a github one - i've just made an "official github fork";
hopefully this will encourage github users to contribute to lilypond
(we'll think about administrative policies later, please don't start a
discussion about reviewing patches from github now)).

Together with Julien we think that it would be good if the "lilypond"
organization had the "original" repositories, and the other people had
forks. (i.e. instead of lilypond forking "lilypond-extra" from Graham,
we would set up the repository on its own, and then Graham would
recreate his "lilypond-extra" as a fork of the "official" one.)  This
is easy to do.  Do you agree?

best,
Janek