Re: Branches, translation and next stable

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Branches, translation and next stable
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:28:03 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello. I am trying to put my translations ready for stable. It's that
> season again: the doubt about what changes in originals should go
> translated to stable and what shouldn't. I have done the following
> assumptions:
>
> stable/2.18 is fairly new and short;
>
> before this fork, many changes in docs were made. They affect to
> changes, input/regression and po.
>
> master and staging have two changes in docs after the fork that
> shouldn't be translated yet.
>
> therefore, unless staging gets merged onto 'translation' (please
> don't), all that appears to be pending in translations as it is right
> now, should be translated and cherry-picked onto stable.
>
> Are they correct? Thanks.

I've merged the last common commit before the master/2.18 split into
translation.  I'll be merging translation into stable occasionally until
we get 2.18 out and then some.  I'll see how feasible it is to merge
translation into master as well, but the main focus of translators
should just be on keeping translation translated...