Re: Help with page breaking code

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Help with page breaking code
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 09:49:14 +0100

Hi all.
I wrote this message a lot of time ago, but for some unknown reasons I
didn't send it to the list.
Maybe this is still interesting.
I tested with 2.16.2 and 2.17.95.

2013/5/22 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> #(define-markup-command (ugly layout props) ()
>   (ly:make-stencil (ly:stencil-expr (interpret-markup layout props "x"))
>    '(0 . 0) '(0 . -100)))
>
> \markup \ugly
> \markup *
> \markup *
> \markup *
> \markup *
>
> This puts everything right after another on a single page.  If you
> replace the -100 with -1000, it puts the last star on a page of its own
> and spreads the other three starts widely on the first page.  If you
> replace the -100 with -inf.0, it places every star on its own page.

There is a fourth kind of behaviour: if the number is between -138 and
-161 the first page contains only the "x" and the four stars are on
the second page, widely spread like with -1000.

Best wishes,
Davide Liessi