Re: compilation errors from Xcode's new standard library

From: Jack Howarth
Subject: Re: compilation errors from Xcode's new standard library
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:38:40 -0500

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 02:19:32PM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    Just to clarify, the failures here are due to Mac OS X 10.9 replacing
> libstdc++
> with the new llvm libc++ c++ library. You won't be able to reproduce these
> failures
> on other platforms that still use the libstdc++ c++ library. FYI, the next
> platform
> to adopt libc++ is slated to be FreeBSD.
>         Jack

FYI, the compilation failure in file-path.c is suppressed if I edit...

// #if HAVE_STL_DATA_METHOD
#if 1
#include <vector>
#else /* !HAVE_STL_DATA_METHOD */
#define vector __flower_vector
#include <vector>
#undef vector

in flower/include/std-vector.hh. There are others of course but a lot of the
problem is that the preprocessor statements are libstdc++-centric.
              Jack