Re: Suggestion: Keep original breaks

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Keep original breaks
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:57:45 +0100

Am 27.11.2013 16:52, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 27.11.2013 16:36, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
On 11/27/13 8:32 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:

For me this sounds good.
Requiring to write \include "original-breaks.ly" is significantly better
than requiring to define the commands.
But it would still need a separate switch, presumably through the
command line.
This is true, but it would be possible to put the appropriate command line
switch in Frescobaldi and to access it by means of a check box, right?
Right, that's not the issue. We can pass command line options,
expressions or include files from Frescobaldi (that's what we already
do with the Layout Control Options).
But we would have to make the commands in the include file respond to
that switch, and IISC we'd be back at the specific use case that
offended David.
So you are saying that your use case is impossible to do via tags?  Or
are we back to ad hominem attacks?

I'm saying that "my" use case is impossible without injecting _anything_ into LilyPond. What I want is to get that functionality so someone else can compile the same file without having to separately install a library file but with a default LilyPond installation.

I'd be completely OK with
- an include file in LilyPond's default include path (/ly)
- the user having to manually include that file (as a compromise)
- the commands in the include file responding to a switch. While I don't care if that switch is a command line option or a tag supplied through the command line. But this response would be specific again, that's what I'm referring to.