Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)

From: James
Subject: Re: Web: Download: Add introductory text (issue 40510046)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:14:05 +0000

Urs,

On 15/12/13 12:23, Urs Liska wrote:

I'm worried about the opposition even my first modest suggestions raise.
There will be patches with more involved changes to come. And if each tiny bit is discussed to death from exactly the developer's perspective that seems part of the problem, I'll surely consider it an inappropriate use of my time quite soon.

You will need to be prepared for this kind of back and forth when doing anything significant with regard to Documentation. I have good experience of this.

This is why Graham et al, always recommend to do small incremental changes, see

https://codereview.appspot.com/4124056/

This took me 4 months to get consensus. Mainly because I picked this up from another Developer who had also (like I fear you are going to) gave up from 'comment fatigue' but the changes were massive.

Just remember it isn't because we don't care what you think or want :) it's because we care _too much_ that some doc edits (and web includes this) takes time and needs discussion.

James