Re: Simplified version of Trevor Daniels' SATB framework. (issue 3872004

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Simplified version of Trevor Daniels' SATB framework. (issue 38720045)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:22:33 -0000

Carl Peterson wrote Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:49 AM

>  And if it is a technical question (going back to
> your comment about the bottom of the bass being cut off), I would want
> to dig into why that is---what is it about this score block as opposed
> to an instrumental block that causes this?---rather than sticking a
> band-aid on it by arbitrarily adjusting the margins.

I looked further into this, and my problem with the bottom of the
bass line and the tag line being cut off seems to be a problem with
Frescobaldi, or at least Frescobaldi on my computer/printer.  I
have only recently started using Frescobaldi so as yet I am unfamiliar
with its behaviour.  The pdf it produces looks fine on the screen, both
in Frescobaldi and in a separate viewer, and the pdf prints correctly from
a separate viewer.  It is only when I print it from within Frescobaldi that
there is a problem with the bottom being cut off.  So I'll pursue that
separately.

As far as the template goes, I'm now content to leave out the paper
block, as the pdf and print (although not quite as I would like it) is
perfectly acceptable when using the LilyPond default settings.

@Devon
So, Devon, how shall we proceed with the remainder of the review?

Trevor