Re: Building Lilypond documentation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Building Lilypond documentation
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:51:41 +0100

Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> It appears as if texi2html needs word-writeable folders to work.

No, it just needs writeable folders to work.

> Thus I took the simple route of running make doc (and make test) under
> sudo. Is that how others does it too?

No, never.  I think that if you do

make
sudo make install

that _some_ directory is only created during make install, and thus
getting rid of it again is a more-than-once nuisance.

If you figure out what it is exactly, feel free to file a bug.

It may also be in connection with
make
make doc
sudo make install

I don't remember it exactly.  Some xref-thing or so.