Re: LILY-GIT PITA

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: LILY-GIT PITA
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 00:12:26 +0000

On 1/2/14 9:41 AM, "Carl Peterson" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Just now seeing this (I don't think I was subscribed when Carl S.
>wrote this). After my recent experience with lily-git.tcl and
>submitting a patch, one thing I would request is that, if possible,
>some kind of automatic line wrapping be built into its processing of
>the commit message (i.e., if a line exceeds n characters, go back to
>the last space prior to the nth character and replace with a line
>break). This will avoid the issue of poorly wrapped lines, which both
>David K and Janek have messaged me about. I don't recall that
>particular point being discussed in the CG.

I think that instead of doing the automatic line break, we should just
document it properly in the CG.

I don't know how I'd implement an automatic word wrap, and I don't think
it's worth spending the time on figuring out how to do it.

But if you'd like to do it, I'd certainly be happy to review a proposed
patch.

Thanks,

Carl S.