Re: Add Changes entries for bare rhythms and \beamExceptions (issue 4785

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Add Changes entries for bare rhythms and \beamExceptions (issue 47850043)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 23:12:57 +0000

On 2014/01/06 18:31:46, dak wrote:

>> Ah, but they won't.  It's only during scorification that the
missing
>> pitches get filled in.  Now of course there is little point in
trying to
>> pick a wording that is technically more accurate without the reader
>> having a chance to guess that until he figures it out on his own.

Very few if any readers would appreciate the subtle
meaning behind "In the score".  I didn't.  So in
practical terms nothing is lost by leaving it out.
All it might do is confuse: "What does that mean?".

Really this sort of detail should go in one of the
manuals rather than in Changes.  At present the NR
says very simply, "Durations occuring on their own
within a music sequence will take their pitches from
the preceding note or chord."  This is where a more
accurate description should be placed, if you think
one is needed.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/47850043/