Re: Issue 3935: Use (pretty-print) for some IR props. (issue 95710044)

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Issue 3935: Use (pretty-print) for some IR props. (issue 95710044)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:11:57 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/95710044/diff/20001/scm/documentation-lib.scm
File scm/documentation-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/95710044/diff/20001/scm/documentation-lib.scm#newcode112
scm/documentation-lib.scm:112: (or (vector? val) ; vector is an ly-type
On 2014/05/30 08:38:23, dak wrote:
Comment makes no sense.

Would this pseudocode suffice?
  ; (ly-type? vector) => #t

The problem is that we need to make sure that most LilyPond internal
"datatypes" don't get displayed with @verbatim, since (pretty-print)
doesn't work on them, and they'll sail right past the page/screen
margin.  I'm not sure what else to call them; I'm referring to things
that look like #<Mom > or #<simple-closure > etc.

So this prevents that problem:
  (not (ly-type? val))

but causes another problem, namely that vectors would end up not getting
(pretty-print), which is the point after all.  Hence the conditional:
  (or (vector? val) ...

If the pseudocode I proposed above is still too abstruse, I welcome your
suggestions.

https://codereview.appspot.com/95710044/diff/20001/scm/documentation-lib.scm#newcode138
scm/documentation-lib.scm:138: (lambda (port) (pretty-print val port
#:display? #t))