Re: Clearify use of break-align-orders in NR A.17 Layout properties (iss

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Clearify use of break-align-orders in NR A.17 Layout properties (issue 96650050)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 23:23:23 +0000

On 2014/06/02 21:47:59, thomasmorley651 wrote:
Better referencing

I think that this is a wrong approach.  The list of properties in the
.scm file is not the appropriate place to teach the use of the
properties.  Furthermore, in my opinion there should be no links from
the code to the documentation.  The links should always go from the
documentation to the code.

The appropriate way for a user to come to understand this (if they
haven't found the snippet) is to find the appendix, then search the
manual for break-align-orders.

Trying to maintain bidirectional linkage between the code and the
documentation is a recipe for bitrot, I believe.

I am not in favor of this patch.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/96650050/