Re: Clearify use of break-align-orders in NR A.17 Layout properties (iss

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Clearify use of break-align-orders in NR A.17 Layout properties (issue 96650050)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 01:11:12 +0000

On 2014/06/05 09:42:54, Trevor Daniels wrote:
On 2014/06/05 09:36:24, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> I suggest adding a new subsubsubsection to
> NR 1.6.2 Modifying single staves
> which could be entitled "Modifying prefatory matter".

Correction: I should have said "subsubsubheading".

Trevor

I think that it would be better to add a new subsubsection

NR 1.6.4 Prefatory matter

Really, IMO the current problem is that there is no place that discusses
these items.

Pitches discusses key signatures, which is why I suggested it.  It also
discusses clefs.  Span bars are discussed in Bars NR 1.2.5.  Time
signatures are discussed in NR 1.2.3 Displaying Rhythms.

WIth all of the individual items defined in different places, putting
break-align-orders in these places is not the right thing to do.

Changing break-align-orders could be done for a StaffGroup, IIUC, so I
don't think it belongs in 1.6.2.

Since none of these places works, I think it needs its own subsubsection
in Staff Notation.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/96650050/