Question about the new fret-label-horizontal-offset option

From: James
Subject: Question about the new fret-label-horizontal-offset option
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:05:51 +0100

Hello,

I just want to check the following for the
'fret-label-horizontal-offset' option we have added.

--snip--

\version "2.19.8"

\new Voice {
  c''1^\markup {
    \override #'(fret-diagram-details . (
                 (fret-label-horizontal-offset . 0))) {
      \fret-diagram-verbose #'((mute 6)
                               (place-fret 5 3 1)
                               (place-fret 4 5 2)
                               (place-fret 3 5 3)
                               (place-fret 2 5 4)
                               (place-fret 1 3 1)
                               (barre 5 1 3))
    }
  }
}

--snip--

Here is what happens when I use '0' (zero)

Here is what happens when I use 5

Here is what happens when I use -5

While these may not be the most reasonable examples, can I just check
that this is expected in that the fret label doesn't just offset but
changes (it seems) the whole dimension of the placement when using any
positive integer and if you use a negative integer that goes beyond the
width of the 'diagram' it pushes the diagram in the other way.

Here is what happens when I use -15

Thanks

James