Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 17:55:23 +0000

On 2014/06/29 16:51:06, email_philholmes.net wrote:

You seem to have missed the point.  Snippets are not judged by the
lilypond
code, but by the ability of the writer to include them into the
documentation.  I did not need to do this as a snippet, so I didn't.

Not so.  Please read Section 5.5.1 of the CG.  It says there:

"Most tweaks should be added to LSR and not placed directly in the
'.itely' file.
In some cases, tweaks may be placed in the main text, but ask about this
first."

By tweaks it means tweaks or overrides of any sort.

Admittedly there are sections of the manual which were written before
these
guidelines were approved which do not follow them, and the sections on
Ancient
Music are such, but that's no reason for ignoring them now when entering
new
documentation.  What you have prepared is clearly better than "TBC", but
the
code parts should be added via the LSR using @lilypondfile[...] as is
done in
the earlier sections of the NR.