Re: Issue 4152: Eliminate "will never be null" warnings in smobs.tcc (is

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4152: Eliminate "will never be null" warnings in smobs.tcc (issue 153970044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 15:34:57 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/153970044/diff/20001/lily/include/smobs.hh
File lily/include/smobs.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/153970044/diff/20001/lily/include/smobs.hh#newcode145
lily/include/smobs.hh:145: template <class Super>
On 2014/10/04 15:19:56, Dan Eble wrote:
FWIW, "Super" confused me mightily until I saw by the light of day
that it
refers to the derived class.

Well, it is not just "the derived class" since several classes derive
from Smob_base.  It the "ultimately" derived class that is being managed
by the Smob_base<Super> specialization.

If you feel you can put in something useful, feel free to go ahead.  In
my defense, the templated code is easier to get the hang of than the
previous macro preprocessor code if I may say so.  And I wrote almost
all the documentation for the previous macro preprocessor code.  Without
being responsible for the macro preprocessor code itself, I may mention.

With an ominous voice and unsteadily flickering eyes.  Just saying.

https://codereview.appspot.com/153970044/