Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 15:53:28 +0200

> More hunting around on Savannah led me to Apache Allura, which is claimed
> to be an open-source (Apache license) follow-on to the
> proprietary-software SourceForge.
>
> It uses git, has webhooks (
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Webhooks/ ), and is hosted.
> So I guess we could try it out if we wanted to.

Interesting!
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Features/

I think that the main alternatives are Launchpad (Affero GPL) and Apache
Allura (Apache License).
Launchpad provides also the hosting, while Allura should be deployed on
Savannah.
Both are free software so we can move where we wish and avoid any 3rd party
trap.