Re: Lilypond Issue handling system draft requirements

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond Issue handling system draft requirements
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 08:01:54 +0200

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> As promised, a starter list of requirements for the issue handling system,
> to allow us to check potential replacements to Google code.

Hi Phil, thanks for this recap.
This may well be a stupid question, and if so please forgive me, but:
many of these features (if not quite all) are already provided by
Savannah’s bug tracker, no matter how cumbersome and unglamorous it
may be: in fact, the only items I have doubts about items #12 and #13
(the API stuff). As for #14, the export is in XML rather than CSV but
that’s hardly an issue.

Surely there must be something I’ve overlooked, because all these
talks of setting up a new system on Savannah must have a valid reason;
having been using their bug tracker semi-regularly, I just can’t
figure out what these reasons may be. Can someone remind me why
Savannah’s own tool is irredeemably insufficient for our needs?

Cheers,
Valentin.